Happy Friday! And for all my U.S. readers, happy 3 day weekend! Monday is our Independence Day, the 4th of July. In celebration, I’ve rounded up a variety of mouth watering recipes that would be perfect for a 4th of July BBQ. Enjoy!
- Strawberry Spinach Salad (Fat Girl Trapped in a Skinny Body) – You gotta have something healthy to balance out the desserts and meat, right? This salad is the perfect answer: strawberries are in season, a patriotic red color, and the strawberry vinaigrette is sure to make this simple salad a big hit. Oh, and did I mention it has candied bacon in it (maybe it’s not so healthy afterall…)?
- Israeli Couscous with Asparagus and Red Peppers (First Look, Then Cook) – The great thing about this healthy side dish is you can substitute for any veggies you have on hand.
- Best Ever Veggie Burgers (The Kitchn) – I haven’t tried these yet but the title piqued my interest. They’re also red (from beets), so they will be both patriotic and a great way to appease vegetarians and healthy eaters at your BBQ.
- Grilled Salmon (Pass the Sushi) – An alternative to the usual burgers and hot dogs fare abundant at a typical BBQ. From one of my favorite food bloggers, who often gets her flame on with great grilling recipes.
- Curry Beef Skewers (Food Mayhem) – Another alternative to burgers, these skewers would be easy to eat, which is great for a party (you gotta love food on a stick!).
- Red White and Blue Flag Cupcakes (Baked Bree) – these are some of the cutest 4th of July cupcakes I’ve ever seen. The cakes are layered in red, white and blue, as is the frosting, and they’re topped with miniature American flags. Love it!
- 4th of July Jello Shooters (Bakers Royale) – dessert plus cocktail, all in one incredibly festive and cute package.
- Watermelon Blueberry Popsicles (Everyday Occasions) – a healthy and refreshing dessert, perfect for this hot summer night. Plus, it’s naturally red and blue without any food dyes.