Slow Cooker Monday: BBQ Pulled Chicken

I don’t know about you, but once the weather started warming up I kept thinking about barbequing. Instead of getting out the grill, I pulled out my slow cooker and made BBQ pulled chicken. Along with some frozen sweet potato fries (or maybe a salad or raw vegetables if you’re craving something healthy), this was definitely a quick and easy meal for a busy day.

In fact, I think this has to be the easiest Crock Pot dinner I’ve done so far. Put seasoned chicken in the slow cooker, cover with BBQ sauce, and leave. Come back hours later to moist and flavorful meat, ready to be plopped onto a bun. Add some sliced onions in at the beginning for more flavor, or make your own BBQ sauce if you have time. On a hectic day, follow this recipe and you’ll be happy to have a delicious dinner waiting for you when you get home.

Slow Cooker BBQ Pulled Chicken

Makes around 4 servings

• 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breast
  • 1 bottle of your favorite BBQ sauce

Lightly coat your Crock Pot with non-stick spray. Season chicken with salt and pepper, then place at the bottom. Top with BBQ sauce. Cook on low for 6-8 hours. Remove cooked chicken from slow cooker and shred with fork. Place shredded meat back into slow cooker, coating it with remaining BBQ sauce. Serve immediately.

8 Responses to “Slow Cooker Monday: BBQ Pulled Chicken”
  1. Lindsey@Lindselicious writes:

This is mouth watering. I want that sandwich AND the sweetpotato fries- maybe with some avocado in the sandwich too. =)
    Lindsey@Lindselicious recently posted Macadamia Nut Shortbread Cookies

2. Kita writes:

I love my crock-pot for just this reason! Pulled bbq sandwiches are perfect from the slow cooker.

3. Sandra writes:

Time to pull out the slow cooker for real! With papers to grade and getting ready for the spring semester I need something I can fix and forget. Thanks.
    Sandra recently posted Spinach Artichoke Pie With Tyson Grilled Chicken

4. Baking Serendipity writes:

The easiest dinner yet sounds perfect for my Mondays! This sandwich looks fantastic :)
    Baking Serendipity recently posted Homemade Granola

5. Sarah Schiffman writes:

Oh nothing says summer like slow-cooked bbq! Its still a little chilly around here but I”ll be making this as soon as warmer temps start to arrive.
    Sarah Schiffman recently posted Hook- Line- and Sinker

6. Magic of Spice writes:

Love slow cooker meals…my family would love this :)
    Magic of Spice recently posted Parmigiano Reggiano – Cracking Battle!

7. Fourth of July Recipe Roundup | 52 Kitchen Adventures writes:

[...] are you cooking this weekend? I’m looking forward to some BBQ pulled chicken, corn on the cob, fresh fruit and a patriotic [...]

8. Richard writes:

I am a pulled pork addict. There is nothing better. Fact.

I like this dish beacuse it makes easy and simple use of the slow cooker where so many over complicate things.

Sweet potato fries are a really good touch too.

Sincerely