Homemade Blended Iced Coffee

Whatever you call blended coffee -Frappuccinos, Freddos, Coffee Ice Blended, etc.- it is a refreshing way to enjoy coffee in the hot summer months. It’s like a grown-up slushie, which can be made as sweet and indulgent as the junk food classic with added sugar and flavored syrups.

I prefer mine with a dash of cocoa powder and a little agave syrup, for a barely sweet blended mocha. It’s much less sweet than a store bought blended coffee, but that’s what I like about it. You can save money and calories, plus control what goes into your beverage by making your own at home.

What flavors would you add to a homemade blended coffee?

Blended Iced Coffee

• 1/4 C espresso or strong coffee
  • 1/4 C milk
  • Your preferred sweetener, to taste
  • 5-6 large ice cubes
  • Optional for serving: whipped cream, chocolate syrup, caramel syrup, etc.

*To make a blended mocha, add 2 t cocoa powder

In blender, combine espresso or coffee with milk, sweetener and ice. Blend on medium speed until ice is crushed. Add more ice if needed to achieve desired consistency. Serve immediately.

20 Responses to “Homemade Blended Iced Coffee”
  1. Wheels writes:

OMG! This looks soooo good! Can we (you) make these next time I come home? I like the blue background. :)
    Wheels recently posted More House-piration!

@Wheels – absolutely!

3. Katrina @ In Katrina's Kitchen writes:

I have a cold coffee weakness. I like mine with coconut Silk and a bit of vanilla. Yours is so pretty!!
    Katrina @ In Katrina’s Kitchen recently posted Easter-Is-Over Brownies

4. Annie writes:

Looks so good! I think I need to bust out my espresso machine!

@Katrina – thanks! I was just thinking about making a coconut version with coconut milk or coconut oil (Starbucks has a new flavor, coconut mocha, that sounds too interesting to not try to recreate). Yours sounds delicious!

@Annie – definitely! Enjoy!

7. Magic of Spice writes:

Oh wow, my favorite chilled beverage…ever! Looks so good :)
    Magic of Spice recently posted Whats for dessert Spiced Rum Plum Stacks with Mascarpone and Awards

8. blogbytina! writes:

I love making these in the summer! Good idea adding cocoa powder! chocolate taste w/out the extra sweet :D

9. Sandra writes:

This looks just as good as the coffee house ones. I’d like to add a shot of brandy for a little extra umph!
    Sandra recently posted Mini Cream Cheese Cakes

10. sweetlife writes:

oh goodness..i live on these here in texas, hot humid days call for iced coffee..exactly at 2pm I need one!! great recipe

sweetlife
    sweetlife recently posted Piquin POM Fajitas

11. Sarah Schiffman writes:

I bought a jar of agave chocolate sauce at the farmer’s market last weekend and this is the first place it is heading. Gorgeous!
    Sarah Schiffman recently posted Sighing is Optional

12. Lindsey@Lindselicious writes:

I’ve made the switch to ice coffee for summer time, so this is perfect timing. This looks so good and I love your straw- that and the sprinkles make it so cute.
    Lindsey@Lindselicious recently posted Chicken Eggplant Enchiladas

13. Becky writes:

This looks so delicious, and you can change it up anyway you want. And besides, You save $$$$$
    Becky recently posted Baking Chocolate Mini Stars With Anna and an Award!

14. Hester Casey - Alchemy writes:

As soon as it stops raining, I’m making one of these. Actually, why wait? I’m making one of these right now, with caramel sauce!
    Hester Casey – Alchemy recently posted White Chocolate and Cranberry Oatmeal Blondies – mood enhancing

15. Tiffany writes:

I call it delicious! :D
    Tiffany recently posted Watermelon-Ginger Soup … and Lightlife!

16. Kulsum at JourneyKitchen writes:

Just the other day I was thinking of making this and glad now I have a place to refer back too!

17. Memoria writes:

I just made this, and it was fantastic. It didn’t quite taste like the mixed coffee blends I’ve tasted in the coffeeshops, but it was soo good that I didn’t miss the more expensive versions. Thank you!
    Memoria recently posted Turkey Burger w-Kale Chips

18. Jane writes:

I just got a new blender. These fraps will be perfect this afternoon.
    Jane recently posted Fried Wontons

19. Josh writes:

By the way, a pinch of xanthan gum, available at whole foods stores, will keep it from separating…

@Josh – thanks for the tip!