How to Make a Heart Cake (without a Heart Shaped Pan!)

I’m excited to introduce you today to one of my favorite bloggers-Anna from Crunchy Creamy Sweet. I’m guest posting at Anna’s blog as part of her Valentine’s Day blog event about how to make a heart cake without a heart shaped pan. I love Anna’s blog because she posts tons of delicious recipes, including lots of drool-worthy desserts like s’mores pops and these tiny and adorable sugar hearts. She also did an entire series of chocolate chip cookie recipes!

Anna recruited a bunch of awesome bloggers to do guest posts on Crunchy Creamy Sweet over the next couple of weeks, so keep checking back for tons of great Valentine’s Day recipes and giveaways too!

Here’s a teaser about my how-to post, but go to Anna’s blog to learn more! And don’t forget to check her out on Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest too.

14 Responses to “How to Make a Heart Cake (without a Heart Shaped Pan!)”
  1. Jessica writes:

Something I learned in Camp Fire Girls –
    Slice off the rounded top, turn it over and you have a nice flat surface to work with. That might have prevented the uneven top.
    Never learned how to start a camp fire, but we did learn how to frost a cake!

2. Anna @ Crunchy Creamy Sweet writes:

Thank you so much for this fabulous tutorial, sweet Stephanie! It’s such a pleasure to have you guest post today! xoxo
    Anna @ Crunchy Creamy Sweet recently posted How to make a heart shaped cake without a heart pan with 52 Kitchen Adventures

3. Laura (Tutti Dolci) writes:

How fun, headed over to the recipe now!
    Laura (Tutti Dolci) recently posted double chocolate biscotti

4. Chung-Ah | Damn Delicious writes:

Awwww too cute! I really want to make this for the boyfriend – he’ll love it!
    Chung-Ah | Damn Delicious recently posted Mocha Java Milkshake

5. Aishah @ Almond and Honey writes:

This is such a cool idea, who would’ve thought it was that simple?
    Aishah @ Almond and Honey recently posted Valentines Day Cupcakes by Patosherie

6. Anne@FromMySweetHeart writes:

Hi Stephanie! Just popping over from Crunchy Creamy Sweet to tell you what a fabulous idea this cake is! How easy …yet I would never have thought of it. I love hearts….especially when they are made of chocolate cake! : )
    Anne@FromMySweetHeart recently posted White Chocolate Martini

7. Cynthia H. Bannister writes:

How would you make heart cupcakes

8. Jenny writes:

To Cynthia H. Bannister # 7 – use a large tray and form a diamond with the cupcakes like the square cake & place cupcakes on the sides like the half cakes.

9. melissa writes:

To Cynthia – Using cupcake liners, fill the liners 2/3 with batter. Place a marble in between the pan and liner, then bake. It’ll look like a heart :)

10. Baking Friends Forever writes:

Love this cute cake and the use of pans I already have in my kitchen!

11. Baking Friends Forever writes:

Love this cake and the use of pans I already have in my kitchen!
    Baking Friends Forever recently posted Saturday Show and Tell

12. DIY Cookie Dough Faux-Reos - 52 Kitchen Adventures | 52 Kitchen Adventures writes:

[...] me! Taste of Home spotted my post on how to make a heart shaped cake (without a heart shaped pan) and included it in The Tasty 10 this issue. It’s so exciting to see my name and face in not [...]

13. How to Make Heart Shaped Cupcakes - 52 Kitchen Adventures | 52 Kitchen Adventures writes:

[...] year I shared how to make a heart shaped cake without a heart shaped pan. I told you last week that Taste of Home featured the idea in their latest issue, which got me [...]

14. Candice writes:

What a great tutorial and alternative for those without a heart shaped pan!