It’s the most wonderful time of the yeaaar…no, it’s not Christmas – it’s Girl Scouts cookie season! Like most people, I can’t resist a box of Thin Mints. And there’s only one thing better than a plain Thin Mint: a Thin Mints s’more. It’s one of those desserts that’s so simple to make yet SO delicious.
While keeping it simple is fun, I wanted to take Thin Mints s’mores to the next level. I put them together with my favorite chocolate cupcakes and s’mores cupcakes to come up with these epic Thin Mints S’mores Cupcakes.
They have a Thin Mints cookie crust (to mimic a s’mores crust) at the bottom of a mint chocolate cupcake, which is topped with homemade marshmallow fluff. Before you toast the marshmallow, top them off with a Thin Mint cut in half and made into a mini s’mores for the perfect topping. Thin Mints s’mores on top of Thin Mints s’mores! 😀
Here’s how to make Thin Mints S’mores Cupcakes:
1. Crush Thin Mints in a food processor or blender (or put them in a plastic bag and crush them by hand).
2. Mix the crushed Thin Mints with butter and a dash of salt, then place at the bottom of foil cupcake liners.
3. Flatten the Thin Mints cookie crust into an even layer until it looks like this (don’t worry if there are cracks):
4. Bake at 350°F for 5 minutes until they look like this:
5. Prepare the cupcake batter.
6. Evenly distribute the cupcake batter, until the liners are about full. While they bake, prepare the marshmallow frosting.
7. To make the mini Thin Mints s’mores, cut a Thin Mints in half and place a dollop of homemade marshmallow fluff on top.
8. Toast the marshmallow briefly.
9. Place the other half of the cookie on top.
10. Top the cooled cupcakes with some of the homemade marshmallow fluff and a mini Thin Mints s’more. Toast with a kitchen torch, then enjoy! 🙂
Thin Mints S’mores Cupcakes
- 16 Thin Mints
- 3 Large egg whites
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3/4 cups light corn syrup
- 2/3 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Thin Mint Cupcakes
- 1/2 cup Dutch-processed cocoa powder
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 1/3 cup all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter (room temperature)
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 Large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
Thin Mints Cookie Crust
- 1 1/2 cup Thin Mints (23 cookies)
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 pinch salt